I asked you a simple question! Do you love her? YES! But don't hold that against me, I'm a little screwy myself!

Thursday, June 30, 2005

A Day in the Life

This is what Sam and I do at work. We are nothing if not productive and serious.

snovellasimpson: I just read the file of a man who came and gave a guest lecture.
snovellasimpson: Of course, he graduated, like, last year.
seliseburns: What did it say?
snovellasimpson: One of his recommenders calls him a "great citizen"
seliseburns: Man, I need to get me a recommender like that.
snovellasimpson: And he wrote a series of stories about "the rootlessness of single life and the half-life of a failed marriage." Cheery.
seliseburns: Heh.
snovellasimpson: I think I should try to write a happy literary story.
snovellasimpson: And be a better citizen.
seliseburns: Of course you should. There aren't enough fluffy bunny stories.
snovellasimpson: I don't think I like your tone.
seliseburns: What tone?
snovellasimpson: I can smell the sarcasm from miles away.
seliseburns: Oh. That tone. I thought you meant a musical tone.
snovellasimpson: There it is again! I think you're the one who's not a good citizen, let alone a great one!
seliseburns: You're right. I'm totally going the other route. Catwoman, that's me. Purrrr-fectly rotten citizen.
snovellasimpson: Yeah, I mean--the clothes alone.
snovellasimpson: Don't you wish Birds of Prey was still on the air?seliseburns: Not really. I never watched it.
snovellasimpson: Neither did I. But I wish it was here.
seliseburns: Because...you need more WB shows?
snovellasimpson: I see your point.
seliseburns: Well, it wasn't so much a point as an inquiry. But I'll take it.
snovellasimpson: It just seemed like such a good year.
seliseburns: What year?
snovellasimpson: I meant idea.
snovellasimpson: I think I got my conversations mixed up.
snovellasimpson: I'm not crazy.
snovellasimpson: Birds of Prey seemed like a good IDEA.
seliseburns: Are you talking to someone else too?
snovellasimpson: I was talking to someone on the phone. "What year is that student entering?" or some such nonsense?
seliseburns: Okay. I'll stop being confused now.
snovellasimpson: No, you can be confused as much as you want. I'll stop being a dingbat.
seliseburns: What were we talking about?
snovellasimpson: Before Birds of Prey? And before the file I read about the greatest citizen and writer? We were talking about parents and presents.
seliseburns: Maybe we should just move forward, rather than back.
snovellasimpson: You'd make a great talk show host.
snovellasimpson: Can you believe I'm missing Maury right now?
seliseburns: S'good for you. Suck it up.
snovellasimpson: But what if Raheem is the baby daddy?
seliseburns: It's best that you do not know.
seliseburns: Just like it'd be best if that kid had been born to better parents who wouldn't go on Maury.
snovellasimpson: How embarrassing! Can you imagine what it would be like to have Maury tell you who your father is?
seliseburns: No. And can you imagine having a tape of Maury included in your baby pictures?
snovellasimpson: Ew. You know, he could be doing a makeover episode, or one with drag queens.
snovellasimpson: Either way, I'm missing it.
seliseburns: And you're better for it.
snovellasimpson: I'll tell you what I am--sleepy.
snovellasimpson
: Erika called last night, so I didn't get to bed until nearly 1:30.
seliseburns: Me either. But I was just clandestinely watching Lois and Clark. Cause that's what I do.
snovellasimpson: Tell the truth. How many episodes did you watch?
seliseburns: I'm on the 3rd episode on the 3rd disk.
snovellasimpson: And you got it on Sunday? I fear you.
seliseburns: I just consume them fast. Plus, watching Lois and Clark is like reading an old book I love. It's comforting and easy.
snovellasimpson: Well, I'm glad you're not having the reaction I sometimes have to old shows I used to like. Like Family Matters? I loved that show so much, and now it's painful to behold.
seliseburns: Well, it is painful at points. But mostly, just comforting.
snovellasimpson: And Dean Cain used to be hot.
seliseburns: Yeah. Before he let himself grow facial hair, thus alienating his fan base.
snovellasimpson: And then he played that guy, the murderer, Scott Peterson. Why? Why, Dean Cain?
seliseburns: I do not know.
snovellasimpson: I need to wake up. That carpet ain't gonna clean itself tonight.
seliseburns: But wouldn't it be cool if it did?
snovellasimpson: Well--yeah--but it doesn't.
seliseburns: Have you tried?
snovellasimpson: Well, there are some mystery light switches on the walls.
seliseburns: Yep. I bet you just haven't figured out which one is the "Self-Cleaning Carpet" button.
snovellasimpson: That button could save me a bunch of trouble. I can finally watch that Marx brothers movie.
snovellasimpson: Or I could if I can find the right switch.
seliseburns: There you go. Way to defeat that defeatist thinking.
snovellasimpson: Or I could take a nap.
seliseburns: Can I have one too?
snovellasimpson: If you get home in time.
seliseburns: I probably won't. Stupid 7 o'clock.
snovellasimpson: Stupid trip to the store for carpet cleaner.
seliseburns: I'd probably end up watching Lois and Clark anyway.
snovellasimpson: You know, you don't have to watch.
seliseburns: Well, I kind of want to. Plus, I want you to be able to.
snovellasimpson: You're a good person.
seliseburns: Thanks.
seliseburns: You are too, you know.
snovellasimpson: Thank you.
snovellasimpson: Although I did just now crawl on the floor to try to figure out why the speakers aren't working.
seliseburns: Heh. That's important stuff, right there.
snovellasimpson: And I didn't figure it out.
seliseburns: I have faith that you will.
snovellasimpson: Oh, yay! It's back!
snovellasimpson: That was close. I need to listen to the 90s station.
seliseburns: Of course. Oh, did you know that Pride and Prejudice, the Colin Firth version, aired in 1995?
snovellasimpson: Smashing Pumpkins rock on!
snovellasimpson: No, I didn't know that.
snovellasimpson: Best year ever

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all are so dumb. But I love it! Oh- and I have a self cleaning house button!

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home