I asked you a simple question! Do you love her? YES! But don't hold that against me, I'm a little screwy myself!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Year Without Wal-Mart: Day 77

We've known this terrible news for a while now.

I understand that most of the world has moved on to digital images that can be snapped and replicated like so many viruses. Still, I complained about the high price of Polaroid film at Target. How dare anyone charge me nearly $20 for 10 potential photos? I believe the old-timers would call that "highway robbery."

Imagine the complaining I did when those square boxes of film completely disappeared from the Target shelves.

When you're done imagining that, deal with the near-horror of my discovery that Wal-Mart carries Polaroid film. And they haven't slapped a hefty price on those boxes of uncaptured memories. It's all there--a land of old-school-photo plenty. Yes, I could order Polaroid film in bulk on the Interwebs, but that would get expensive. Also, I have an unhealthy distrust of online sellers. And did I mention the Wal-Mart is right there?

So, do I tie myself to the mast and resist the siren call of Wal-Mart's low, low prices? Or do I give in--just this once--so I can hold on to a beloved tradition for a moment longer? What would Andre 3000 do?

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

You know, I think I have some Polaroid film left over from my wedding. I'll send it on if it will keep you from drinking the Wal*Mart Kool-Aid.*

*Does not contain real Kool-Aid.

10:27 AM

 
Blogger Samantha Simpson said...

I'll be touch with you about that. Save me from myself!

10:20 AM

 
Anonymous The Younger Simpson said...

What did you do! I say go stock up!

9:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home