I asked you a simple question! Do you love her? YES! But don't hold that against me, I'm a little screwy myself!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Love Me, Love My Stuff, Part 1

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, let's play a game. I made a few lists of my favorite things, and I've asked some of my favorite people to tell me what they think about those favorite things.

This week--boySam* on bands.

*boySam claims to be both a pirate and a hot martial arts stud. He is not. He likes stamps, and he has a killer beard. No, really--it's dangerous. Like Tino from "My So-Called Life," he never shows up to hang out. He is also known to make me swoon on Wednesdays and sometimes on Fridays.

1. Rasputina: "Rapunzel. Long hair. Blonde." Also, 'Tina, you fat lard.'--Napoleon Dynamite.

2. Weezer: "Blue and Pinkerton were good. He needs to have sex so he (Rivers Cuomo) can make good music again."

3. Siouxsie & the Banshees: "It's good. Cooler name. Reminds me of Native Americans."

4. Alicia Keys: "I think she has nice hair, but I might be thinking of someone else."

5. Garbage: "Smells after a while. Pirates throw it around their new ships to feel more at home."

6. Aretha Franklin: "That one song is overrated and overplayed." [Drew hand giving the finger.]

7. The Cardigans: "A typical indie snob would say Siouxsie is the best band on here. But I'm going with this one because I'm better."

1 Comments:

Blogger Samantha Simpson said...

Okay. So here's what I think:

1. I know for a fact that boySam has not heard anything more than the intro to "Rats." Some indie music snob you make, huh?

2. Blue and Pinkerton are very, very good. For the record, though, celibacy can be really inspirational. Some people who haven't had sex--not me, just some people--have a lot of creative energy to devote to Valentines and collages. "Beverly Hills," hooray!

3. Siouxsie is what we had before we could have Rasputina. Those were different times.

4. Really, boySam? Really?

5. See #4.

6. I also doubt boySam has heard "Call Me" and "Baby I Love You." These songs are underplayed and underappreciated--and amazing.

7. The Cardigans are NOT better than Siouxsie. You're bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S. "Lovefool" is a killer song, yes, but it doesn't hold a candle to "Face to Face."

Thanks for playing!

7:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home