I asked you a simple question! Do you love her? YES! But don't hold that against me, I'm a little screwy myself!

Monday, February 13, 2006

Love Me, Love My Stuff, Part 2

This time -- Debra D.* on movies.

*Debra D.** very much enjoys drinking and Irishmen. She recently traveled to the Mecca for both drinking and Irishmen, um, Ireland. She also recently got into law school. I know we're all sleeping a little more soundly, knowing Debra will soon be able to defend us in court.

**During this interview, Debra was drunk.

The Truth About Cats and Dogs: "Love it. Great comedy. It's annoying though, because they took Uma Thurman, who's not that pretty, and made her the ideal and took Janeane Garofalo, who's actually pretty, and made her think she was ugly."

Moulin Rouge!: "Freakin' hated that movie. Total crap. So cliche and over the top. I couldn't stand it. Pain in my ass."

Persuasion: "As in Jane Austen? Too long for me to sit through. [It's only two hours.] I reinterate my first statement."

The Philadelphia Story: [Due to background noise at the bar, Debra at first thought I said Philadelphia. To which she said: "Good movie. Very inspirational. Although, I think in real life, Tom Hanks would have never won that case."] "Loved it. Thought it was great. It's Cary Grant. Who doesn't love him?"

An American in Paris: "No idea. Haven't seen it."

The Royal Tenenbaums: "Great movie. Weird as hell, but I loved it. Very quirky."

Clueless: "Disturbing, annoying movie that you are compelled to watch. The girl gets together with her stepbrother, which is apparently not against the law?"

Down with Love: "Hated it. Absolutely hated. It was a play on Doris Day, who accomplished something for women in movies. I mean, I was okay with the feminism in the movie until the end when she began all that 'I knew you'd do this so I did this' crap. Then I hated it. I cannot stand it. It makes me ill."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home