I asked you a simple question! Do you love her? YES! But don't hold that against me, I'm a little screwy myself!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Post-MFA Lifeplan

Hooray. I wrote a collection of short stories over a span of two years. One-hundred twenty-five pages, y'all--you can count them.

I would feel a sense of accomplishment, but, gosh, I have so many things I need to do now:

1. Teach self how to do The Lambada without a partner. The dance will only be half-forbidden now.

2. Build entire routine around "Veronica Mars" and "Veronica Mars" reruns.

3. Learn to sew. Create new wardrobe for travels in Europe.
3a. Save up for trip to Europe.
3b. Spend saved Europe funds on "Xena" DVDs.
3c. Feel shame. Give up on sewing.

4. Sit in lawn chair and read entire book.

5. Memorize entire episodes of "Firefly."
5a. Find ringtone of the opening theme.
5b. Make sweet love down by the fire with Nathan Fillion.

6. Learn to ride a bicycle.

7. Write and file elaborate plans for raising my children.
7a. Find husband.
7b. Have children.

8. Learn to cook.
8a. Get Stephanie to do all the cooking.

9. Write a novel.

As you can see, there's no rest for the weary. Catch me if you can this summer...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think 5b and 7 would combine nicely. Although, you'll have to fight me for him (or lend him out.) Sounds like you're on the right track


Heather

11:43 AM

 
Blogger Bryan Stokes II said...

You watch Veronica Mars?

And here I thought you had decent taste in television.

Nice lifeplan though...although strangely lacking in a career.

On second thought, who needs careers. It's more fleshed out than my lifeplan anyway.

2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home